Greyhound Adoption League of Texas, Inc.
Greyhound Adoption League of Texas, Inc. (GALT) is an all-volunteer 501(c)3 non-profit corporation operating in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, throughout Texas and the United States since May 1, 2001. As of April 1, 2013, GALT has assisted more than 2,400 greyhounds in finding their forever homes.
GALT depends solely on donations and revenues from it Greystore for its operating budget of more than $400,000 per year for needs of the greyhounds in its possession. Learn more about helping GALT here.
GALT takes a neutral stand on greyhound racing.
GALT is always willing to sing the praises of owning retired racing greyhounds as companion pets. If your club, organization or group is interested in hosting an educational presentation, please contact us and we will gladly endeavor to accommodate your schedule.
- Assist all greyhounds, primarily those that are retired from or affiliated with the racing industry;
- Facilitate placing greyhounds in loving, responsible, forever homes;
- Educate the public about the desirability of adopting greyhounds as companions and family pets in the home;
- Stress the importance of spay and neuter as a means of controlling the number of unwanted animals;
- Support, welcome and encourage an active, organized volunteer base of greyhound lovers who share the passion and vision of finding loving, responsible, forever homes for greyhounds to live out their natural lives;
- Provide continuing educational support to the greyhound's family after placement to ensure a successful adoption;
- Connect with other groups and people that assist and adopt greyhounds to promote adoption worldwide; and most of all,
- Enjoy the spiritual connection we all share with greyhounds and each other in loving and helping one of the most loving and loyal creatures put on this earth.